Monday, March 27, 2006

We Have Liftoff

May Day is officially launched! The book launch party at the Douglas County Library last Saturday was a rousing success, except that no one ate enough cheese so I had to take it home. I am so full of cheese ("Things a mouse would say?"). The majority of well-wishers were 60 and older and had heard me on Open Line last Thursday. Now that I am infiltrating that age group, I am closer to finding out whether or not they are offended by my lively portrayal of the "life experienced" in May Day. I'm putting my money on "not offended," because it's about time that we stopped marginalizing those in the retirement community and recognized that they are active and contributing members of society. And probably do? don't? have naked rosemaling clubs. It's anybody's guess, really.

1 comment: