Sunday, March 19, 2006

Emotional Labor

Thank you to each and every person who stopped by to talk to me at the May Day book signing at the Book World in the Alexandria mall yesterday, and a special thank you to the manager, Dolly, for keeping me entertained at the slow times. Yesterday was coincidentally also the Sportsman's Showcase at the mall, so the aisles were crammed to bursting with crossbows, four-wheelers, camoflauge hunting suits (or whatever they're called), and people itching to outfit their lives with some new weaponry. I think I may have done better had I been signing copies of Ted Nugent's Kill It and Grill It, but you work with what you got. All in all, it was an interesting juxtaposition, and I met some very wonderful people and signed a bunch of books. By the way, if you're ever at a bookstore or a mall and there is an author there for a book signing sitting all alone trying not to look like a geek, go over and talk to him/her. You don't have to buy a book--just visit. I guarantee the author will appreciate it. Today, I'm at the Crossroads Mall (St. Cloud) Waldenbooks signing from 2:30-4:00. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment