Friday, March 24, 2006

Fergus Falls Public Library

I've come close to Battle Lake and have yet to be stoned (as in, rocks thrown at me) for basing a mystery series there, so yay! Actually, the Wednesday night Fergus Falls Library presentation was a blast. The audience was receptive and full of fantastic questions and input. One kind woman also let me know that the Fargo Forum had reviewed May Day a couple weeks earlier. I think interactive presentations are the way to go because as an author, you don't have that leprous feel of a book signing (unless the signing is at the St. Cloud Waldenbooks, in which case you feel happy). Thank you to the great staff at the FF Library!

Thank you also to Dennis and Patty for having me on Open Line yesterday. It was good clean fun, and I got to come up with Battle Lake and May Day trivia questions for the listeners. Dennis and Patty did a great job promoting the book launch party for May Day, which is tomorrow from 1-3 at the Douglas County Library. I'll be giving away free prizes every fifteen minutes and there will be free food and fun. I like fun. Consider yourself invited. :)

My Martha Stewart tip for the weekend: For those of you who desperately want it to be spring, I recommend buying yourself some fresh flowers on your way home from work and popping a watermelon Jolly Rancher in your mouth. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment