Monday, March 20, 2006

St. Cloud Waldenbooks

The St. Cloud Waldenbooks booksigning was my favorite to date, and not because my mom was there snapping pictures of me in front of the "For Dummies" line of books, either. It wasn't even that my very sweet kids were there, though that sure didn't hurt. No, the big plus for me was Gina, the manager. She bought me daisies (my second favorite flower after lilacs), she had balloons out, she kept me company during the slow times, she had all of her employees walking around with copies of May Day, and she actually walked up to people browsing in the store and sent them my way. She even made one of the employees lay on the floor right in the mall traffic with a copy of May Day over his face, playing off the actual book cover of May Day. Good time! Thank you, Gina!

p.s. Have I mentioned that a married guy with testicle cleavage (couldn't help looking--I was sitting down, he wasn't) hit on me at the Alexandria book signing? That's really no one's fault (except maybe evolution's), but something like that sticks with a gal for a while. I've been trying to supress the memory, but I think it's best if I just talk through it.

2 comments:

  1. Gina rocks five ways to Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testicle cleavage?

    {shudder}

    You've just given me fuel for a week's worth of nightmares. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete