Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Wedding Dance It Is

Thank you for the brilliant wedding dance idea, Cindy! That will be the short story I write--a murder at the wedding dance. And thank you, chelty, for the suggestion of adding a brand new husband too embarassed to dance with his wife, and thank you, Barbara, for suggesting the chicken dance. It is all coming together. Now tell me, please, what is some horrible yet not unexpected music for a wedding dance at a Minnesota resort? "You Shook Me All Night Long?" "Love Hurts?" ...more?

(As a side note, I was going to write a "locked pontoon" short story, which would be a variation on the classic "locked room" mystery, but I just wasn't clever enough. I'll keep working on it.)

Oh, and the resort has to be a Battle Lake resort just because it has to. And because I want Mrs. Berns to crash the wedding dance. Anybody know which Battle Lake resort might have a cow pasture right next to it? It has to actually be ON West Battle Lake. I can't mention the name of the resort in the short story, but I can mention the lake it's on. Which one would you pick?

And do tell, Mr. B. What happened in Itasca?

6 comments:

  1. I would pick the resort that has graciously agreed to sell or feature May Day in someway.

    Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Brian cannot tell about Itasca. You know, what happens in Itasca stays in Itasca. If he tells, we'll have to kill him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:50 PM

    "We Belong" Pat Benetar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love in an Elevator. Hands down. The extended version that just keeps going and going and going...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh ooh wait- it's "Mickey". You know, you're so fine, hey Mickey! you're so pretty- can't you understand, you take me by the heart and you take me by the hand. It could come on after the newly married couple fights about dancing. oooh, I'm seeing a new era of Grease!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Butterfly Kisses.... the bride always dances this song with her father. Also what about the Bride used to Rock and Roll. Also I have heard I Am To Sexy For My Shirt. All the weddings I have been to in central Minnesota at the end of this song the groom has lost his shirt (and it wasn't the bride that took it off =)!)

    ReplyDelete