Monday, May 08, 2006

BPW

Big Plaid Waders? Best Pre-dawn Watermelon? British People are Well-turned? No, it's Business and Professional Women, and don't be fooled by their website. They're wild, funny, and smart. I rename them Best Prepared Wildwomen, and they don't even have to change their monogrammed jackets. Anyhow, I was invited by the Minnesota President of BPW, Connie Hill, to give a lunchtime presentation at the state BPW convention at Arrowwood last Friday, and I had a wonderful time. They were the best audience ever and bought 32 copies of May Day! I so enjoyed their company that I joined BPW today. I am officially a business and professional woman...

...which is a great segue to my next point. I had to buy tampons at the gas station yesterday, and I waited until the female checker was free instead of going into the male checker's line, which was much shorter. Why this ridiculous behavior?!?! It was about five years ago that I became comfortable buying toilet paper from any gender, but still not so much with the female hygiene products I guess. How old do I have to be before that is no big deal? Probably when I hit menopause, which is ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment