Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy May Day!

It is the first day of my favorite month of the year--May. Now you know why the mystery series didn't start in January. I love May because it is the first kiss of spring, with wild green leaves, lilacs, and chicks on "this year I'm gonna do it" diets blooming everywhere. Plus, my birthday is in May. Wanna guess which famous person I share a birthday with? We have similar singing voices, as those who heard me "sing" karaoke at the Holiday Inn on Friday can attest to.

And in honor of May Day, May Day is selling swimmingly on amazon. Yay! I wonder how it'll do on No Pants Day?

One last thing--congratulations to Ellen Hart for winning the 2006 Minnesota Book Award for popular fiction for her fabulous Jane Lawless mystery, The Iron Girl!

Oh wait, one more last thing. I've decided to get a tattoo. Can anyone recommend a good tattoo artist in Minnesota?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    My suggestion is Jeff's in St. Cloud. Those I know that have gone there have been very happy. I only got a piercing there and that went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...and where exactly is this piercing, sweet soul sister? Feel free to fill me in off-blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:59 PM

    There is a sweet little tattoo parlor in Detroit Lakes called Tank's Tattoo. He does a fantastic job. It's on Washington Avenue as you're headed toward the beach. I got one done there the year my grandaughter was born (1997)... it's a heart with the stem of a rose through it... =:o)

    ReplyDelete