Monday, June 05, 2006

Rogue Takes Vegas

Kellie, Christine, Linda, and I (see earlier picture with us and Ruth Buzzy) are leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow morning, so I won't be blogging for a week. The four of us take a summer trip every year. Last year, we took a train to Chicago (Christine and I had the most fun). The year before, we drove to Winnipeg, and the year before, we road-tripped to Colorado where we whitewater-rafted after hitting the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota, and Laura Ingalls' house in DeSmet, Someplace Flat.

But this year, it's the big time, a plane to Vegas and the Mirage Hotel, baby, and in honor of it, I got highlights put in my hair on Saturday. Unfortunately, my hair is very dark and my stylist was, like, concerned that the highlights, like, were going to be too light. They are. They're so light, in fact, they look gray, and now I look like a 36-year-old Rogue from X-Men, minus any sort of compensating superpower or tight-ass pleather suit. Wish me luck in Vegas.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Jess. If it's any consolation, I'm 41 and dealing with "distinguished" gray highlights I never anticipated, and I have no hairstylist to blame. Plus I'm a guy so I really shouldn't care so much. But sometimes I feel a little like I'm starting to look like my dad, and I'm not quite ready for that.

    Great blog - enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you see this in Vegas- the Mirage is so fantastically awesome. And you must go to Ceasar's Palace, you shall get lost in there and have fun while at it. Not to mention the hotels across the street- one of the you can take a GONDOLA RIDE!!! In real water! I'm so jealous. Must go back to Vegas soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew. I'm back. Vegas is a lot of work. Mr. Lex Ham Rand, you can hardly notice the gray highlights with the beak and the blue feathers around. ;) For my part, I dyed my streaks red over a bathroom sink in a Vegas hotel, which made me feel very Bonnie and Clyde.

    ReplyDelete