Monday, September 25, 2006

A Riddle for the Ages

First things first. I was invited to attend an Alexandria book club reading May Day on Saturday, and it was a blast! I was wondering where all the smart, hip chicks (besides the ones I work with) were hiding out in this town, and now I know! Great food, great fun, great wine, and some good ghost stories. That's a Saturday night worth having, I tell you. And what really tickled me was that the host of the party lives on Britney's Lane, which was named after Britney Spears. Hee hee! She hates that. The host, not Britney Spears.

Next: I overheard this at the riddle booth at the Ren Fest and can't for the life of me solve it. Suggestions? "I have no mother and no father and was born without skin. I made a noise at birth and haven't made a sound since. Who am I?"

And finally, the local grocery stopped carrying my favorite cereal, Rice Twice, and so now I had to order a case of it online. What is this world coming to? It's delicious, by the way. Crispy brown rice mixed with puffed rice--crunchy, puffy, sweet! You should order yourself a gross and be cool like me.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly enough, I know the answer to the riddle, and that answer is this:

    A fart.

    I don't know what is sadder - that I know the answer, or that I chose to post the answer on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Thank you. Now I have more room in my brain. Don't ever be ashamed of knowledge, Lex Ham. ;)

    ReplyDelete