Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Laker Girls

Last night, I met with two book clubs at the Shoreline in Battle Lake--the Clitherall Lake Book Club and the Battle Lake Book Club (the Laker Girls). It was fun! They had M & Ms and good questions, and there were no haters. I even picked up some solid gossip, like:

  • Battle Lake is the only Minnesota town to birth TWO Princess Kays of the Milky Way. And one of them was at the meeting last night, cute as a freakin' button.
  • I should read books by Shirley Hazzard.
  • Women never forget their first loves (which means I've never had one because I don't remember him. Oooh! Or maybe it means I'm not a woman.).
  • Men in Otter Tail County don't read. They CAN read, but choose not to. It's hard to juggle The Secret Life of Bees and the thirty ought the same time, so something's gotta go, and it sure ain't gonna be the gun. That's my hypothesis.

Fun stuff. I'd do it again. I also had time before the book club meeting to run up Inspiration Peak (a site featured prominently in the forthcoming Knee High by July), which is gorgeous this time of year. Make a trip there!

I was just going to sign off, but then obsessively checked my amazon.com rankings and realized that the official June Bug cover is out there! Whee! Great work, Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment