Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mickey Spillane Moves On

I don't mean to turn this into an obitu-blog (what an idea), but did you know Mickey Spillane died? (And did or did not Stacy Keach a hairlip have?) I'm not a huge fan of the male romance novel, but I do admire Spillane for his fortitude and aphorisms, as well as the way he modified and stretched out the whole hard-boiled genre. This article does him some justice.

In happier news, Mysterical-E, an ezine with great articles and free giveaways, positively reviewed May Day ("With a cynical and sassy approach to life and murder, Mira sets out to solve the mystery of her lover's demise, and why not get a great story for her boss at the newspaper, in the bargain...[s]eries fans will find themselves looking forward to another visit with Mira and friends, like a comical and cozy sitcom.") and interviewed me (scroll down down way down).

It does seem that they're not a fan of the "crude remarks" in the first installment of the Murder by Month series, and I vacillate between telling people that June Bug is just as funny and suspensful but less pervo (I'm not defensive, you're defensive) and just standing behind my writing, which I actually happen to like. :) What hat shall I wear today?

Before I decide, let's all weigh in on the beauty that is Baby Suri. I need a body language expert to weigh in on the parental distance between TomKat and baby and tell me what it means. On the surface, I gotta say, she's pretty cute.

3 comments:

  1. Suri is beautiful. I was expecting a troglodyte, given the way they were hiding her. But she's pretty. And while I'm awful at faces, I'm guessing that, genetically, she must just actually belong to both of them too.

    What crude remarks? Someone said something about crude remarks in May Day? Probably just a bunch of nutjobs. I don't see anything crude about the book at all.

    Do you explode if you lie?

    How's Knee High coming? And what about August? I actually don't care, I just want to see the September book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes baby, they'd name you Surli.

    I just started August Moon last night. Your Fantastiks murder in September has to wait another season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that either she was photo-shopped in or they had to wait for the Russian teenager to really give birth and they just got her last week. In either case, it's amazing what people will say and do.

    ReplyDelete