Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bouchercon 2006

Not one person has been rude to me. In fact, several have been very, very nice (Bill Cameron and Margery Flax, you bastards!). So, I have nothing to write about other than the fabulous roasted portabello salad I had today with Barbara Moore, Acquisitions Editor Extraordinaire at Midnight Ink, and the hot little shuttle driver (three months away from a B.S in Chinese Language and Literature--all the boys and Madison are cute and smart). Sorry. I'll see who I can antagonize tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I can be rude. If you want.

    You sounded disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the boys in Madison ARE cute. I dated one once. Of course, they're partiers, which could be dangerous. I remember sitting on the kitchen floor in my apartment at the U of MN (1986?), finishing off a bottle of Jagermeister with one such boy from Madison. We laughted until our sides hurt, but I believe I had to crawl to my bedroom that night.
    Have fun, but beware! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... you were only going to write about the rotten people?

    Because I can try to be a jerk if that's what you want. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are not rude at Bouchercon. You're thinking of AWP.

    Emerson LaSalle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! No one needs to be rude to me, but thank you for the offer. The deal is, at my first mystery conference (Love Is Murder), a famous-in-certain-circles author was rude to me, and since Bouchercon is my second mystery conference, I was just seeing if there would be a pattern. So far, nope.

    ReplyDelete