Friday, September 22, 2006

Jesus Camp

My friend Berns sent me a link to the new documentary, Jesus Camp, and a link to the theaters showing it. It looks worth seeing and talking about, so check it out if it's in your area! I won't be able to see it because I live in a bunker in the woods, but I will have to check it out when it comes out on video as my fourth mystery, August Moon, is set in a Bible Camp sort of like this one. Coincidence? Yes.

The September May Day contest winner is the Williams Library at Northern State University, courtesy of an entry filled out by Jennifer Jenness, Technical Services Coordinator. Thanks, Jennifer, for entering! A free copy of May Day for the Williams Library plus a treat for you are hurtling through snail mail as we speak.

Tomorrow, I'm speaking to the drunken, tattooed, five-finger-discount-leaning Alexandria Book Club. Actually, I'm sure they're very nice, but a gal can always hope. I hear there will be Nut Goodies there, though! If your book club is within 50 miles of Alexandria, I'd love to come out and meet you all, too.

OK, you know why I'm blogging so much this week? Because I'm supposed to be starting August Moon. This is work avoidance, people, and you're enabling me. Stop. It. Oh! But I do have a five-page outline of August Moon, which is my longest outline ever. I have a plot, a sub-plot, three fantastic new characters (plus lots of returning favorites), a central theme of the repercussions of blind faith, maybe a dead cheerleader, and clues dropped throughout a la Agatha Christie so you will be able to solve this one if you read closely. And if I ever write it.

5 comments:

  1. Blogging is writing. No, really! It is! Seriously. Inestimably!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is to writing what Us magazine is to reading, Bill. :)

    Yay, Jenn! Congratulations and thanks for entering. :) Spread the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is like looking at pictures of the designer clothing some movie star is wearing while he or she claws at the eyes of a ravening clot of papparazzi?

    That's kinda hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, I'd like to think that we can be famous authors without ever writing at all. It's all about image. I just have to get one at some point, and I'll be all set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dead cheerleader- ooohhh, how mid-west Minnesota-ish! I'm so excited! Don't forget the cagey nerd with pocket protector beating up the football jock who, of course, is the prime suspect. Perhaps Mira can be the new school librarian? Or an English lit teacher? You could reference to Baowulf and other classics. Oooohhh, I'm so excited for August Moon!

    ReplyDelete