Monday, April 24, 2006

Once Upon a Crime

Saturday, I was signing books at Once Upon a Crime in Minneapolis. Pat and Gary own the place and are wonderful--funny, giving (they supplied lemonade, cookies, and more!), and crazy smart about mysteries. Their store is exactly what you imagine a bookstore (or the library in your house) should look like--neat but tight with books, natural lighting but dark corners, and comfortable furniture. If you've never been, go. There's a mystery for everyone.

Plus, it's right up the street from the CC Club in Uptown, where I used to go and play pool (poorly, but cockily, the way I do many things) and drink shots of Jagermeister. Yuck. And then, my friends and I would stumble over to Liquor Lyle's to dine on the block of government cheese that they put out for "happy" hour. Yum.

Yesterday, I booked a plane ticket for Las Vegas, where I will be flying in June with Christine, Linda, and Kellie. One of us will be leaving with a new piercing, and one of us will be leaving with a tattoo, but we're not sure which or what. I guess they help you sort all that out in Vegas, but I'll take bets here. Assuming you can judge a book by its cover, here's some help when placing bets: that's me on the left, Linda next to me, Kellie popping up in behind, and Christine on the right. That Ruth Buzzy happens to be in the picture is just gravy.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:01 PM

    I'm betting on Christine ending up with the piercing AND the tattoo, not to mention that you'll have to pull her off of the Chippendale as well. But she is the only one of your rowdy co-workers I've met. What happens there stays there as the saying goes. Be sure to take photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD WHERE DID YOU MEET RUTH BUZZI! I LOVE RUTH BUZZI! I WANT TO MEET RUTH BUZZI! WHY DIDN'T YOU EVER TELL ME YOU MET RUTH BUZZI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlos Creek Wine Festival in Alexandria, a couple years ago. They get fabulous celebrities every year. What sort of jubilation would it bring you to know I also met the guy who played Eddie Haskell on Leave it to Beaver?

    And Lisa, I've passed on to Christine your confidence in her. :) You're dead on with the Chippendales, but I dunno about the piercings and tattoos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut up! I've been to the Festival but never met any celebs. Eddie Haskell...eh. Now, if you said Tony Dow, I woulda swooned.

    ReplyDelete