Monday, January 23, 2006

Kellie's Corner

Hi, I’m Kellie. I’ve been invited to share some space here on Jessie’s blog (big thanks to the lovely and talented Jess). Generally, I will be commenting on all things important: fashion, beauty, diet, and celebrity related “news.” Today, on my mind, is the whole cinematic movement of turning old, often mediocre television shows into big box-office releases, specifically the “Dukes of Hazard.” My message: please stop it!

I was a big “Dukes” fan back in the day. I even had the Bo and Luke poster secured safely to my ceiling. Ahh, sweet junior high. Trying to take a television premise that basically made a car into a crucial character is inane. The TV show was barely passable as entertainment for the 12 year old back in its hey-day.

Then, they try and give us Johnny Knoxville and “Stiffler” as replacements for the much hotter original Dukes. Yuck, like I’d let Johnny Knoxville touch me, or yearn to ride in the General Lee with shifty eyed “Stiffler.” We women pay for eye-candy too. Give us a couple of decent looking men who are not best known for playing over-sexed teens or idiots.

I hope this trend of making old television into new films stops soon; otherwise I suppose I’ll see ya standing in line for “Different Strokes,” Gary Coleman’s big comeback vehicle.

What you talkin' about, Kellie?

No comments:

Post a Comment