Wednesday, October 04, 2006

RIP

You are currently reading the last post to my blog. Thank you, dear reader, for taking this short ride with me. I've enjoyed the time we've spent together and hope you felt entertained and appreciated. However, I find myself channeling all my writing energies into blogging instead of novelizing, and so I'm quitting cold turkey. Sort of. I'm going to update my website and have a molasses blog on there, one that is updated weekly or every two weeks instead of daily.

So, I'm not completely ditching you. See? And if you fill in this form, I promise to send you an email whenever a new book of mine comes out or when I'm in your area.

Plus, I'm leaving you in good hands. Julia Buckley has a fantastic blog that I recommend you start dating after we break up. She interviews cool writers, has pictures, is regular, and allows you to peek inside the trials and tribulations of a new author.

Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Jess, this is so sad--but good for your writing career. Perhaps I should do the same, as I haven't written a creative word for months. I'm majorly procrastinating.

    But I will look forward to seeing your "molasses blog."

    How's the weather in Minnesota?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye, Jess!

    Good luck with your plans for next year. I will keep an eye out for the new books as they appear at my local Borders.

    Just an FYI - don't "kill" the blog - a squatter will come along and steal the URL (and you don't want anyone stealing jesslourey.blogspot.com).

    Leave it up with a link to wherever you want your dear readers to go. You are still blogrolled many places and as a skilled self-promoter you don't want to lose an ounce of free advertising.

    And if you land in St. Paul give me a shout and I'll buy you a coffee one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why you,...why I oughta,...but, yeah. I see your point. Still, Lex is right. Hold onto the blog so someone else doesn't pull the rug from underneath ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minnesota is beautiful, Julia! Thanks for asking. :) I'll let you know if resting my blog increases my creativity because I haven't written anything good since July.

    Lex Ham, the odds are good I'll be ending up in your neighborhood, so I'm gonna take you up on that cup of coffee! I'd love to meet your family. And thank you for the blog advice.

    I know, Bill. But I gotta get some time from somewhere. :( I'll have to live vicariously through your and Julia and Sandra's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn. You really are done with this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still click here every now and then to see if it was all just a big trick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry. :( But my new website is almost up!

    ReplyDelete